- This event has passed.
Black Leadership In Higher Education
May 20, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
One Hundred and One Women Plus, Inc. is a non-profit civic organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for the citizens of the Atlantic City Area. The purpose of this event is to fundraise for our scholarship program which presents annual scholarships to college bound Atlantic City High School seniors and to honor local Black Leadership. The following awards will be presented to faculty, administrators, and a graduate of Stockton University as well as 101 members and other community leaders.
Please consider coming out to support your fellow Stockton members and 101 Women Plus, Inc of Atlantic City. Ticket information is below.
Dates: Saturday, May 20, 2017
Time: 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Place: Dante Hall Theater of Stockton University, 14 North Mississippi Ave., Atlantic City, NJ 08401
· BLACK IMAGE AWARDS: Shawn Donaldson, Ph.D, Associate Prof. of Sociology, and Linda Williamson Nelson, Ph.D, Professor Emerita of Anthropology and Africana Studies
· COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARDS: Brian K. Jackson, MBA, Chief Operating Officer, Atlantic City Campus, and Patricia Reid-Merritt, Ph.D, Distinguished Prof. of Social Work & Africana Studies
· YOUNG LEADERS AWARD: Nephthaly Jean Charles, B.S., Biology, Stockton University
· BLACK ROSE AWARD: Shermaine Gunter-Gary , 101 Member
· GOLDEN ROSE AWARDS: Art Dorrington, Irene Pridgen, Etta Francisco, Gurtha Motley, Barbara Gilliam, Ruby Hillmon
· DOROTHIE W. DORRINGTON SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
· Presentation of The Atlantic City African American Experience Oral History Project of 100 Elders and Special Community Organizers Acknowledgement
· Attire: Red & White Semi-Formal
· Scrumptious Buffet ~ Cash Wine & Beer Bar
Contact: Ivy Daniels 609-641-8239 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook message to Judah-Abijah Dorrington
or text: 5085615074