- This event has passed.
Free Art Drop Event: Gloucester Township/LEGO Batman
September 15, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Let’s bring our Free Art Friday spirit to Gloucester Twp for Movie Night: The Lego Batman Movie!
Bonus points for LEGO-themed art drops! Get the kids involved in this one, parents! Scavenger hunt for free art around Veteran’s Park before the movie starts.
PLEASE NOTE: Public posting will be TURNED OFF on the Event Page on the day of the event so that all art drops are shared to our main page. This will hopefully avoid confusion for scavenger hunters looking for clues to art drops, and hopefully will avoid your drop being missed! If you have a question or need help with this in any way on the day of, please feel free to send us a message, comment on any of our posts, or make a post on our main page. We will get back to you as soon as possible!
*** WHAT IS FREE ART FRIDAY / HOW DO I MAKE AN “ART DROP”? ***
Free Art Friday is a global movement to provide free art to the community in a scavenger hunt-like fashion:
(1) Create a (small-ish) piece of art! For this event, please consider making Harry Potter-themed art!
Examples include but certainly are not limited to: a painting/drawing, an art print, a photo, poetry, a short story or novel draft, etc. Check out our past events pages, or the “Visitor’s Posts” section on our main page for examples.
(2) Put a tag on the art to let passersby know it’s free for the taking. Include your name and/or our Facebook page name on the tag, along with #fafsouthjersey. If you have an Instagram handle, include that as well!
(3) Place your art in a public area where it will be seen and picked up – preferably on a Friday. For this event we’ll be placing art in Gloucester Twp, NJ, around Veterans Park on Friday 9/15/2017.
(4) Take a picture of your art in its public location. Post this photo to social media to leave a “clue” for someone who might be out scavenger hunting for art drops.
— Post the photo/clue to our Facebook page “Visitor’s Posts” section, and/or
— Post the photo/clue to Instagram using #fafsouthjersey and tagging @fafsouthjersey *in* the photo if your Instagram account is set to “Private”
(5) Casually walk away! Hopefully your piece of art finds a good home. If someone finds the art, they can come to your post and let you know it’s been “claimed.”